Moving in Yonkers
Yonkers at a Glance
Median Household Income: $59,049
Median Property Value: $382,300
Number of Households: 73,073
Average Commute Time: 32.4 Minutes
Known as the “City of Seven Hills,” or “the Sixth Borough,” Yonkers is the fourth largest city in New York State. Bordering the Bronx to the south, it is one of the closest suburbs to NYC. Its location makes it a popular place for those looking to live close to the city, without residing directly within it.
Initially established largely as an industrial city, Yonkers has evolved into more of a residential community in the latter half of the 20th Century. With easy access to Manhattan via bus, train, or car, many choose life in Yonkers to get the best of both suburban and city living.
Tourism in Yonkers
Getty Square is the heart of downtown Yonkers. Many businesses, attractions, and government buildings are centered near here. Several farmers markets set up shop around the square, offering delicious offerings from around the region. It’s also the primary transportation hub, quickly connecting riders to the greater metro area.
Located on the Hudson and Saw Mill Rivers, Yonkers hosts many waterfront festivals and activities throughout the year. Its largest event is the Yonkers Riverfest. With an estimated 25,000 flocking downtown, expect an exhilarating day of live music, international foods, arts & crafts, carnival rides, and much more.
The largest school district in the city is the Yonkers School District with 40 public and magnet schools.
- X2O Xaviers on the Hudson: As you likely guessed, this upscale restaurant sits right on the Hudson River, boasting incredible food, and incredible views. Expect an exciting fusion of flavors from around the globe, made primarily with locally sourced ingredients.
- Rory Dolan’s: If you’re looking for classic pub grub with a lively, welcoming atmosphere, look no further than Rory Dolan’s. With fresh food, live music, and a perfectly poured Guinness, this spot is locally known as one of the best Irish pubs in the NYC Metro area, and that’s saying a lot!
- Dom & Vinnie’s Restaurant: This is the epitome of classic family-owned Italian food. A Yonkers staple, Dom & Vinnie’s offers fresh, homemade food with friendly service. This casual spot easily has some of the best pizza, pasta, and desserts in the area at a reasonable price.
Ready to be a Yonkers local in a short amount of time? Rely on the experts at Last Minute Moving. We are the NYC area’s premier relocation service specializing in moving you in a jiffy. There’s no need to wait to make the big move to Yonkers. Last Minute Moving will make your relocation happen in no time.
Whether moving within Yonkers, from out-of-state, or even internationally, Last Minute Movers will match your needs with one of our trusty local partners. Each company specializes in expedited and same day commercial and residential moves. We will only work with fully insured and bonded companies for complete safety and protection.
Services Our Partners Offer Include:
- Expedited Moves
- Same Day Moves
- Commercial & Residential Relocation
- Local, Long-Distance & International Moves
- Truck, Train, Boat or Air Services
- Packing and Unboxing Services
At Last Minute Moving, we are committed to the utmost transparency, honesty, and efficiency. Our partners are dedicated to treating each client and their property with complete professionalism.
Request a quote or call us today at 888.849.4980, and we’ll get you moving. Fast.