Moving in Stamford
Stamford Connecticut at a Glance
Median Household Income: $87,662
Median Property Value: $526,300
Number of Households: 46,974
Average Commute Time: 25.4 Minutes
As Connecticut’s corporate hub and third biggest city, Stamford is a thriving and bustling metropolis. Less than 30 miles from Manhattan, residents can quickly commute to NYC via the express train and be back home for dinner.
Located on the Long Island Sound, Stamford is a gorgeous city filled with history, entertainment, and industry. The headquarters for many mega corporations, including four Fortune 500s and nine Fortune 1000s, Stamford boasts a roaring economy with an unemployment rate of 3.3%, the second lowest in the state.
Stamford also claims one of the most highly educated populations in the United States. Over 43% of residents hold a bachelor’s degree or higher. It’s also a proud community of immigrants. About 1/3 of Stamfordians were born outside of the country.
Stamford is home to a lively downtown district with over 80 spots to eat, drink, shop, and play. Especially during the summer, expect free live concerts, like the Alive@5 Outdoors Concert Series, as well as art walks, farmers markets, beer fests, and more. Whatever you’re looking for, Stamford has it!
The largest school district in the city is the Stamford School District with 36 primary and secondary schools. There are also a number of private and magnet schools.
- Colony Grill: If you’re seeking out true Stamford classic, don’t miss the Colony Grill. Established in 1915, this staple serves up legendary thin-crust pizza in a casual environment. Combine your slice with their signature “hot oil” topping alongside a cold beer, and you’ll feel like a local in no time.
- Columbus Park Trattoria: Perfect for a fancy night out, this downtown Stamford Italian restaurant is consistently one of the most highly rated spots in town. Expect the freshest ingredients, homemade pastas and sauces, an extensive wine list, and impeccable service.
- Lucky’s Classic Burger & Malt Shop: With incredible food that’s great for the entire family, this 50s-style diner doesn’t rely on theme alone to attract repeat customers. Offering thick shakes and malts, expertly cooked burgers, and an inventive menu, this nostalgic spot will keep you coming back.
Is it time for you to upgrade your lifestyle and make the move to Stamford? Trust Last Minute Moving, the Tri-State area’s premier relocation service specializing in moving you in a hurry. Don’t wait to start your new adventure in Stamford. Count on us to make your big move as simple and speedy as possible.
Whether moving within the area, from out-of-state, or even moving internationally, Last Minute Movers online search engine instantly matches your needs with one of our incredible, local partner companies. Each company specializes in expedited and same day commercial and residential moves. We will only work with fully insured and bonded companies for complete safety and protection.
Services Our Partners Offer Include:
- Expedited Moves
- Same Day Moves
- Commercial & Residential Relocation
- Local, Long-Distance & International Moves
- Truck, Train, Boat or Air Services
- Packing and Unboxing Services
At Last Minute Moving, we are committed to the utmost transparency, honesty, and efficiency. Our partners are dedicated to treating each client and their property with complete professionalism.
Request a quote or call us today at 888.849.4980, and we’ll get you moving. Fast.