Moving in New Haven, Connecticut
New Haven at a Glance
Median Household Income: $40,457
Median Home Value: $191,800
Number of Households: 56,673
Average Age: 30.8
New Haven Tourism
Home of Yale University, New Haven, CT is the second-largest city in the state. This coastal, colonial-era city is home to 862,477 throughout the entire metropolitan area.
A great mix of high-end urbanism with an undeniable college energy, living in New Haven lets you start the day living the corporate dream, and end it with slice of some of the country’s best pizza. And no, we even won’t touch who does New Haven-style pizza the best.
As the first planned community in the United States, New Haven boasts a long history of smart, purposeful city planning. This lends to the extremely popular, pedestrian-friendly downtown area, which centers around the famous New Haven Green.
“The Green” is home to many concents and events throughout the year such as the International Festival of Arts and Ideas. Historic churches dating back to the 19th-century also border it.
Other popular neighborhoods and districts include City (or Oyster) Point, Broadway, East Rock, Chapel Street, Westville, Audubon, and Hampden. All have their own character, attractions, price points, walkability, and more.
The second largest public school system in Connecticut, New Haven Public Schools (NHPS) include 49 primary and secondary schools. In addition, New Haven has the most interdistrict magnet Schools of Choice in the state. The city boasts over 20 high quality educational institutions that attract huge numbers of students from outside city limits.
New Haven is also home to incredible eats and drinks.
New Haven Restaurants
- Elm City Social: From incredible Mimosa-filled brunches and afternoon happy hours, to exquisite fine dining dinners, you can get it all at this trendy spot right off the Green. And don’t forget the Rubber Ducky, their signature cocktail served with your favorite bath time buddy floating on top.
- Arethusa Farm Dairy-Made with milk straight from their Litchfield dairy farm, Arethusa is the place for incredible, freshly churned ice cream. With reasonable prices and massive portion sizes, when your sweet tooth strikes, give in to temptation at this Yale-adjacent shop.
- Cajun Boiled Seafood CT-Craving something a little (or a lot) spicy? Look no further than this top seafood stop right in downtown New Haven. With fun vibes and bold flavors, dive into some of the best shrimp, crawfish, oysters, and other deep-sea delights in the city.
Are you ready to make the move to the Elm City? Last Minute Moving is the Tri-State’s premier moving service specializing in transporting stuff anywhere, fast. We’ll get your new life in New Haven started in no time.
Whether moving from the other side of town, cross-country, or even overseas, we’ll match your needs with one of our local moving experts. All companies specialize in expedited and same day moves and promise complete customer satisfaction.
Services Our Partners Offer Include:
- Expedited Moves
- Same Day Moves
- Commercial & Residential Relocation
- Local, Long-Distance & International Moves
- Truck, Train, Boat or Air Services
- Packing and Unboxing Services
At Last Minute Moving, we are committed to providing our residential and commercial clients and their property with complete professionalism. We will only work with fully insured and bonded companies for complete safety and protection.
Request a quote or call us today at 888.849.4980, and we’ll get you into your new space in no time.