Moving on Long Island
Long Island at a Glance
Median Household Income: $59,049
Median Property Value: $382,300
Number of Households: 73,073
Average Commute Time: 32.4 Minutes
As the largest and most populated island in the contiguous United States, Long Island is an incredibly diverse place to call home. Spanning from westernmost point of Brooklyn all the way east to Montauk, the 118-mile island contains 40% of New York State’s population from the ultra urbanites to small town farmers.
Long Island Tourism
Home to havens like the Hamptons and Fire Island, discover why the beachside communities on Long Island became playgrounds for the rich, the famous, and the city dwellers wanting to get away from it all.
Of course, it’s not all leisure on Long Island. Their strong economy offers everything from the high-tech at companies like Brookhaven National Labs, to the agrarian like 8 Hands Farm.
Though officially containing Brooklyn and Queens, colloquially most are referring to the two counties west of the NYC border when referring to Long Island: Nassau and Suffolk Counties. Within each county, municipalities are divided into cities, towns, villages, and hamlets.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the major cities and towns on Long Island:
- North Hampstead
- Oyster Bay
- Glen Cove
- Long Beach
- East Hampton
- Shelter Island
Long Island is home to countless restaurants, events, and attractions. Here are just a few of our favorite spots:
Long Island Restaurants
- Long Island Wine Country: With over 60 vineyards and 30 wineries on 3,000 acres of land, Long Island truly has one of best wine regions in the country. From the super posh Wollfer Estates in Sagaponak, to One Woman Wine’s sustainable vineyards and tiny tasting room in Southold, who needs Napa?
- Long Beach: Less than 30 miles from NYC, this little beach town feels a world away. With its classic boardwalk, wonderful restaurants, and glistening beaches that stretch for miles, you’ll never want to leave this little slice of seaside heaven.
- Montauk Point Lighthouse: Located at the easternmost tip of Long Island, this iconic building was authorized by George Washington and built in 1796. Climb to the top of the lighthouse for an incredible view of the shoreline, or explore the museum and beaches below to fully experience “The End.”
Can’t wait to move to Long Island? Whether you’re simply making the move from Nassau to Suffolk County, across New York State, or across the globe, trust Last Minute Moving. We’re the Tri-State areas expedited moving experts. For your commercial and residential moves, we’ll relocate your goods with speed and the utmost professionalism.
Last Minute Movers online search tool will match your specific needs with one of our local partners. Each company specializes in expedited and same day moves. We will only work with fully insured and bonded companies for complete safety and protection.
Services Our Partners Offer Include:
- Expedited Moves
- Same Day Moves
- Commercial & Residential Relocation
- Local, Long-Distance & International Moves
- Truck, Train, Boat or Air Services
- Packing and Unboxing Services
At Last Minute Moving, we are committed to complete transparency, honesty, and efficiency. Our partners are dedicated to treating each client and their property with complete professionalism.
Request a quote or call us today at 888.849.4980, and we’ll get you moving. Fast.