Hartford Moving Company
Moving in Hartford
Median Household Income: $30,630
Median Property Value: $161,400
Number of Households: 45,239
Average Commute Time: 22 Minutes
As the state capitol of Connecticut, Hartford has an incredibly historic past and a promising future. Founded in 1635, Hartford was one of the first cities established in the United States, and is home to the oldest public art museum and oldest continuously published newspaper.
Located in the center of Connecticut, Hartford was an economic powerhouse during the Industrial Revolution and post-Civil War era. Like most manufacturing hubs, its status declined in the 20th Century. Despite some challenges, with multiple Fortune 500 insurance companies residing in the city, including Aetna, The Hartford, and Cigna, Hartford has managed to stay in the corporate spotlight.
Hartford was also home to Mark Twain who wrote in 1868, “Of all the beautiful towns it has been my fortune to see, this is the chief.” Many of his famous stories were written at the Mark Twain House, located on Asylum Hill, which is now a museum chronicling his life in Hartford.
Right next door, explore the Harriet Beecher Stowe Center. It was here that the author lived and penned Uncle Tom’s Cabin. Learn all about her life in Hartford, as well as connect today’s social issues with those of the 19th Century.
The Hartford School District has 56 primary and secondary schools. Students also have the option to attend schools in nearby suburban districts as part of the state’s Open Choice program.
Hartford is also home to incredible eats and drinks.
- Bear’s Smokehouse: For some seriously hearty eating, Bear’s Smokehouse is the place. A perfect family dining choice, this casual and rustic joint serves some of the best barbecue in the Northeast. Expect huge, meaty portions including ribs, brisket, chicken, etc. that will keep you nice and stuffed.
- Max Downtown: For an upscale dining experience, don’t miss this trendy hot spot. A high-end downtown steakhouse, also expect homemade pastas, fresh oysters, and an extensive whiskey list.
- City Steam Brewery: Located in the gorgeous Cheney building, opened way back in 1877, this brewery boasts a wide selection of delicious beers made in-house. With everything from hand formed burgers to Thai chicken tacos and all-day omelets, their extensive menu is a sure crowd pleaser.
If you’re looking to make the move to Hartford, trust the experts at Last Minute Moving. We are the Tri-State Area’s premier relocation service specializing in moving you in no time. Why wait to start a new life in Hartford? Last Minute Moving will make your relocation happen quickly.
Whether moving within Hartford, from out-of-state, or even overseas Last Minute Movers will match your needs with one of our fantastic local partner companies. Each company specializes in expedited and same day commercial and residential moves. We will only work with fully insured and bonded companies for complete safety and protection.
Services Our Partners Offer Include:
- Expedited Moves
- Same Day Moves
- Commercial & Residential Relocation
- Local, Long-Distance & International Moves
- Truck, Train, Boat or Air Services
- Packing and Unboxing Services
At Last Minute Moving, we are committed to the utmost transparency, honesty, and efficiency. Our partners are dedicated to treating each client and their property with complete professionalism.
Request a quote or call us today at 888.849.4980, and we’ll get you moving. Fast.